Sunday, September 12, 2010

NFL

Well today marked the official day of get-shit-faced Sundays. Not that we haven't been doing that all summer, but now that football season has started it's a better excuse than, It's Irish tourist season"It's summer!" I'm pretty sure that only is a decent excuse for a college student, but we really don't care.

It was a ridiculous day for football. The Niners started strong with an interception and then I guess there was no place to go but down. I will say for Paige's sake the next game(s) will all be winners. All of them. Win or loose she will be on the booze but when the latter happens the ghetto might come out of her.

We went to the Greens on Polk street. A pretty brilliant place to watch the game. Really I am only saying that because the men there were gorgeous. There was a guy sitting in front of me with forearms the size of my calf. And not in a Guido juice head kind of way. In an I-used to play-football-but-tore-a-ligament-and-now-have-a-big-office-job-and-do-my-hot-girlfriend-three-times-a-day kinda way.

Is it a coincidence that the first weekend of no J1ers we are not at the 32? Yes. Yes it is. I just want to make it clear, officially, that it is not due to our will that football season started the same weekend that we are sans J1ers. Our absence at the 32 is only because football season started and we go to the Greens. (Feel free to stalk us).

I made an effort to stay at least one drink behind Paige all day, so I didn't get too drunk too soon. I left her at the bar when the game was almost over as I had some business to take care of. She was talking up some Irish lad that was fresh off the boat yesterday so I would imagine she would not mind if I left. She was in good company and by good company, I mean men. I left my card at the bar and the last I heard from her was that she would get it for me. My texts after that got no response, so my only conclusion is that she got bat shit wasted and is passed out in the back of a cab that is hopefully en route to her house as she has work at 8 am. I got home later and texted anyone I thought might have a pint at the 32 with me. I guess even with the Irish season ending football season starting, I still could do a little 32 on a Sunday night. Well, that didn't pan out so here I am. Hopefully Paige retains some memory of today so that we can hear what kind of shit show happened at the Greens.